Welcome to the homepage of the CCASS research institute!
The CCASS (Competence Center of Applied Sensor Systems) of the Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences bundles the competence in the field of applied sensor systems and is available as a research partner in this environment. Furthermore, the CCASS of the Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences is the initiator of the research cooperation between the Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences, the Center for Sensor Systems (ZESS) of the University of Siegen and the Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation (Fraunhofer IPA) in Stuttgart. On the one hand, joint research projects can be applied for, and on the other hand, there has been support for the partners in ongoing projects since 2007.
Primarily, CCASS develops applications for the detection of physical or chemical effects and for the conversion of the mostly electrical signals into quantities that can be further processed. In addition to pure sensor technology, another field of activity is software-based measurement data processing and application development with LabVIEW. In the course of the industrial digital transformation, blockchain technology as well as the application of artificial intelligence also fall into the research.
Research priorities of the CCASS
- Inertial object tracking and navigation,
- signal conditioning to improve the long-term stability of low-cost inertial sensors,
- applied sensor technology in general,
- digitization strategies in the area of Industry 4.0
- applications and system developments in the field of LabVIEW-Safety,
- development platforms for secure payment technologies via blockchain technology,
- smart Contracting as well as
- research in the area of artificial intelligence and machine learning.